Applications for YSP 2024 are now available!
The program is designed for students who have completed the eleventh grade in a Florida public or private high school. A few exceptionally qualified and mature tenth graders have been selected in past years, though this is quite rare.
To be considered for acceptance, applicants must:
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA (unweighted)
- Have received a score in the 90th percentile or better in math on a nationally standardized exam (i.e., SAT, PSAT, ACT, or PLAN) before the application deadline
- Be enrolled in or have completed Pre-Calculus
- Be able to commit for the entire six weeks of the program (no exceptions will be made for travel to other summer internship opportunities, sports camps, Mu Alpha Theta, etc.)
- Maintain a permanent residence in the state of Florida
Applications are completed online. You will be asked to fill in information including but not limited to:
- Your biographical/demographic/contact information
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) names/occupation/contact information
- Recommender names/titles/affiliations/email (for 2-4 total recommenders, including at least one of your past or present high school math or science teachers)
- Personal Statement (your reasons for wanting to participate in YSP in 500 words)
- All of your high school, community college, and/or college transcripts, any AP scores, and any standardized test scores (i.e., SAT, PSAT, ACT, PreACT), to self-report your academic history
- Guidance counselor name and contact information (should you be accepted into the program, this is the person who will need to provide your transcript and/or confirm your self-reported transcript information)
- Optional: School activities, community activities, previous Science Fair and/or university research experience details
- Your general research and course preferences for YSP
At the end of the application, both you and one of your parents/guardians will be asked to sign to certify the veracity of your application materials.
Applications for YSP 2024 are now available! Please fill out the Qualtrics survey here: https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bd2xNdzNhPV45qm
Please also refer to the FAQs for further information.