APPLICANTS: Complete and submit this entire application by February 15, 2023 deadline: https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0O5idEDMjSgMXs2
RECOMMENDERS: Please complete and submit your recommendation by February 15, 2023 deadline: https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5bcELqNYQllv6Pc
NOTE: APPLICATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 15, 2023 DEADLINE FOR THE APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE
The program is designed for students who have completed the eleventh grade in a Florida public or private high school. A few exceptionally qualified and mature tenth graders have been selected in past years, though this is quite rare.
To be considered for acceptance, applicants must:
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA (unweighted)
- Have received a score in the 90th percentile or better in math on a nationally standardized exam (i.e., SAT, PSAT, ACT, or PLAN) before the application deadline
- Be enrolled in or have completed Pre-Calculus
- Be able to commit for the entire six weeks of the program (no exceptions will be made for travel to other summer internship opportunities, sports camps, Mu Alpha Theta, etc.)
- Maintain a permanent residence in the state of Florida
Applications are completed online. You will be asked to fill in information including but not limited to:
- Your biographical/demographic/contact information
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) names/occupation/contact information
- Recommender names/titles/affiliations/email (for 2-4 total recommenders, including at least one of your past or present high school math or science teachers)
- Personal Statement (your reasons for wanting to participate in YSP in 500 words)
- All of your high school, community college, and/or college transcripts, any AP scores, and any standardized test scores (i.e., SAT, PSAT, ACT, PreACT), to self-report your academic history
- Guidance counselor name and contact information (should you be accepted into the program, this is the person who will need to provide your transcript and/or confirm your self-reported transcript information)
- Optional: School activities, community activities, previous Science Fair and/or university research experience details
- Your general research and course preferences for YSP
At the end of the application, both you and one of your parents/guardians will be asked to sign to certify the veracity of your application materials.
Please also refer to the FAQs for further information.